Shinan Liu 刘诗楠
4th Year Ph.D. Student
Computer Science, University of Chicago
- We get our paper “AMIR: Active Multimodal Interaction Recognition from Video and Network Traffic in Connected Environment” accepted at UbiComp/IMWUT 2023. Shout out to Tarun, Ted, Jinjin, John, Sanjay, and Nick!
- Thanks to the invitation from Prof. Wenke Lee, I shared my research “Towards Data-centric AI for Robust and Secure Operations in Networks” at GaTech. Really glad to have the opportunity to talk to the great minds at GaTech!
- We update our preprint of “LEAF: Navigating Concept Drift in Cellular Networks“, which is a first work to characterize, explain and mitigate concept drift in networking.
- Our paper “Stars can tell: A Robust Method to Defend against GPS Spoofing Attacks Using Off-the-shelf Chipset“ is accepted and will appear at USENIX Security 2021. We released the website, smartphone prototype, and dataset! Shout out to Xiang, Hanchao, Yuanchao, Xiaoran, Ping, Curtis, Prof. Wang, and Prof. Yang!
- Our paper “Characterizing Service Provider Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in the United States” is accepted by PAM 2021. Take a quick glance on arXiv. Huge thanks to Paul, Francesco, and Prof. Feamster!
- TAed CMSC15400 Introduction to Computer System during Fall quarter of 2020. TAed CS23400 Mobile Computing during winter quarter of 2020.
- Get reviewer invitations from a top journal in automation and aero-techs: IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (TITS) and IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems (TAES).
- Starting serving as a committee member on the IAG (International
Association of Geodesy) working group on “GNSS Interference and Spoofing”, excited to discuss the future of GPS spoofing!
- Get awarded the Daniels Fellowship from UChicago CS Department.
ML for Networking
 AMIR: Active Multimodal Interaction Recognition from Video and Network Traffic in Connected Environments [paper] [website] [data]
Shinan Liu, Tarun Mangla, Ted Shaowang, Jinjin Zhao, John Paparrizos, Sanjay Krishnan, Nick Feamster Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologiesity and Privacy (to appear in UbiComp/IMWUT’23), October 2023
 LEAF: Navigating Concept Drift in Cellular Networks [arXiv]
Shinan Liu, Francesco Bronzino, Paul Schmitt, Arjun Nitin Bhagoji, Nick Feamster, Hector Garcia Crespo, Timothy Coyle, Brian Ward. arXiv（In Submission）, Oct 2022
 AC-DC: Adaptive Ensemble Classification for Network Traffic Identification [arXiv]
Xi Jiang, Shinan Liu, Saloua Naama, Francesco Bronzino, Paul Schmitt, Nick Feamster. arXiv（In Submission）, Feb 2023
 Stars can tell: A Robust Method to Defend against GPS Spoofing Attacks Using Off-the-shelf Chipset [paper] [website] [data] [apk release]
Shinan Liu*, Xiang Cheng*, Hanchao Yang, Yuanchao Shu, Xiaoran Weng, Ping Guo, Kexiong (Curtis) Zeng, Gang Wang, Yaling Yang. 30th USENIX Security Symposium（USENIX Security’21）, August 2021
 All Your GPS Are Belong To Us: Towards Stealthy Manipulation of Road Navigation Systems [paper] [demo][media coverages]
Kexiong (Curtis) Zeng, Shinan Liu, Yuanchao Shu, Dong Wang, Haoyu Li, Yanzhi Dou, Gang Wang and Yaling Yang. 27th USENIX Security Symposium（USENIX Security’18）, August 2018