Shinan Liu 刘诗楠
4th Year Ph.D. Student
Computer Science, University of Chicago
I am a 4th year Ph.D. student in the Computer Science Department at the University of Chicago and my advisor is Prof. Nick Feamster. And I received my Bachelor of Engineering degree from Yingcai Honors College at UESTC.
Before coming to UChicago, I was the CEO of a start-up Dominity Security Co., Ltd. I also had my internship in Virginia Tech, Qihoo 360, MSRA(short-term visit), KnowWhy, Tsinghua NISL, and FedML.
My research interests lie in the intersection between networked systems, security & privacy, explainable AI, and measurement. Typical scenarios I’ve explored include Cellular Networks, IoT and CPS. My dream and what I always endeavor is to become a researcher, hacker, poet, and practical idealist.
- We update our preprint of “LEAF: Navigating Concept Drift in Cellular Networks“, which is a first work to characterize, explain and mitigate concept drift in networking.
- Our paper “Stars can tell: A Robust Method to Defend against GPS Spoofing Attacks Using Off-the-shelf Chipset“ is accepted and will appear at USENIX Security 2021. We released the website, smartphone prototype, and dataset! Shout out to Xiang, Hanchao, Yuanchao, Xiaoran, Ping, Curtis, Prof. Wang, and Prof. Yang!
- Our paper “Characterizing Service Provider Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in the United States” is accepted by PAM 2021. Take a quick glance on arXiv. Huge thanks to Paul, Francesco, and Prof. Feamster!
- TAed CMSC15400 Introduction to Computer System during Fall quarter of 2020. TAed CS23400 Mobile Computing during winter quarter of 2020.
- Get reviewer invitations from a top journal in automation and aero-techs: IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (TITS) and IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems (TAES).
- Starting serving as a committee member on the IAG (International
Association of Geodesy) working group on “GNSS Interference and Spoofing”, excited to discuss the future of GPS spoofing!
- Get awarded the Daniels Fellowship from UChicago CS Department.