Shinan Liu 刘诗楠
1st Year Ph.D. Student
Computer Science, University of Chicago
I am a 1st year Ph.D. student in the Computer Science Department at the University of Chicago. I currently work with Prof. Heather Zheng. And I received my Bachelor of Engineering degree from Yingcai Honors College at UESTC.
Before coming to UChicago, I was the CEO of a start-up Dominity Security Co., Ltd. I also had my internship in Virginia Tech, Qihoo 360, MSRA(short-term visit), KnowWhy, Tsinghua NISL and Cyberpeace.
My research interests lie in the intersection between network systems, security & privacy. Typical scenarios I’ve explored include IoT and CPS. My dream and what I always endeavor is to become a researcher, hacker, poet and practical idealist.
- TAed CS23400 Mobile Computing during winter quarter of 2020.
- Participated in NDSS 2020! See you next year in San Diego~
- Get awarded the Daniels Fellowship from UChicago CS Department.
- My undergrad thesis is selected as 1 out of 12 Best Thesis of UESTC 2019 🎉
- Our poster “Security Analysis of Multi-Sensor Fusion based Localization in Autonomous Vehicles” is awarded NDSS 2019 Distinguished Poster Presentation! Thanks, Junjie and Alfred!
- Get awarded the National Network Security Scholarship, only for top 1% Chinese students majoring in information security.
- Our USENIX Security paper is reported by Forbes and The Wall Street Journal!
- Our paper “All Your GPS Are Belong To Us: Towards Stealthy Manipulation of Road Navigation Systems “ is accepted and will appear at USENIX Security 2018. Shout out to Curtis, Yuanchao, Dong, Prof. Wang and Prof. Yang!