Shinan Liu 刘诗楠
2nd Year Ph.D. Student
Computer Science, University of Chicago
I am a 2nd year Ph.D. student in the Computer Science Department at the University of Chicago and my advisor is Prof. Nick Feamster. And I received my Bachelor of Engineering degree from Yingcai Honors College at UESTC.
Before coming to UChicago, I was the CEO of a start-up Dominity Security Co., Ltd. I also had my internship in Virginia Tech, Qihoo 360, MSRA(short-term visit), KnowWhy, Tsinghua NISL and Cyberpeace.
My research interests lie in the intersection between network systems, security & privacy and HCI. Typical scenarios I’ve explored include IoT and CPS. My dream and what I always endeavor is to become a researcher, hacker, poet and practical idealist.
- Check out our website for “Stars Can Tell”! We released the code, smartphone prototype, and dataset!
- Our paper “Stars can tell: A Robust Method to Defend against GPS Spoofing Attacks Using Off-the-shelf Chipset“ is accepted and will appear at USENIX Security 2021. Shout out to Xiang, Hanchao, Yuanchao, Xiaoran, Ping, Curtis, Prof. Wang, and Prof. Yang!
- Our paper “Characterizing Service Provider Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in the United States” is accepted by PAM 2021. Take a quick glance on arXiv. Huge thanks to Paul, Francesco, and Prof. Feamster!
- TAed CMSC15400 Introduction to Computer System during Fall quarter of 2020. TAed CS23400 Mobile Computing during winter quarter of 2020.
- Get reviewer invitations from a top journal in automation and aero-techs: IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (TITS) and IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems (TAES).
- Starting serving as a committee member on the IAG (International
Association of Geodesy) working group on “GNSS Interference and Spoofing”, excited to discuss the future of GPS spoofing!
- Get awarded the Daniels Fellowship from UChicago CS Department.